A few improvements Atlassian can do for their admins

Ewa Boloczko April 20, 2018

JIRA admin life is complicated enough, please don't make it more difficult by forcing us to click to many times. These are only few suggestions:

1. Sort statuses alphabetically

2. Sort basically every item alphabetically (like list of issue types when you edit ITS)

3. Add icon selection when adding new issue type, now we have to change them after creating

4. Rename active workflows-workflow schemes

Any other ideas?

2 comments

Comment

josh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 20, 2018

I have to say that I disagree with number 1 and 2. I prefer logical, rather than alphabetical sorting of statuses. Yes, the arrow clicking to reorder statuses is tedious but ultimately necessary. And the same goes for priority -- I absolutely want my highs to be shown before mediums, and mediums before lows.

But on the Issue Type Schemes page, that should definitely be alphabetical.

3 and 4 though, yes, definitely.

What if you have 200 statuses.... :)

josh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 20, 2018

I have 60 and I'm so happy that I'll get to delete some of them soon.

It is definitely a pain. I would like to see the management page for statuses improved for sure.

I was trying to remove some of them, but I customize JIRA for non-software teams, and you can imagine the workflows. I don't think arrows up and down are needed in the Statuses page, but I agree for the other lists like Priorities. I spend some time to sort the statuses manually, but then what when I have a new one!

I love JIRA truly, but there is a lot of small things I don't like about being an JIRA admin, the unnecessary clicking is one of them. But how o force Atlassian to make changes? They don't always listen :( 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events