Nowadays we are working on very tight deadlines in our project and we don't have time to create documents which are equally important for any projects. As a Jira user, you want to create a Confluence page that contains relevant information from a Jira issue Like Issue Summary, Description, Status etc. These documents will be helpful at the time of audit as well as during training of beginners or new joiners in our team.
Sometimes these documents help us to showcase our business team for project status or something like that. Thanks to Elements Publish to Confluence, it is possible to retrieve data from Jira issues and insert it in Confluence pages which is very quickly publishing the Jira data on confluence template or if we want we can create our own template. In this post I will explain to you how to do so.
Elements Publish to Confluence - create pages from Jira is an addon which requires to be installed in Jira as of now I am explaining for Jira cloud but we can use this on other instances as well.
Let's Start from beginning:
1. Click on Apps Button
2. Click on Explore more apps to see available Apps.
3. Write in search bar Elements Share and you can see the option.
4. Hit "Try it free"
5. After sometime popup will appear with success message.
6. Post installation we have to create a recipe and configure the addon.
8. Configure Recipe:
9. Click on Create a new recipe option to create the recipe.
10. Enter Recipe name and description.
11. Configure the source detail so that data will be fetched from here only and Click Next.
12. Add Target Detail
13. On Content Page we can either use custom template or confluence template based on that we will get detail.
14 . Now If we want we can set the trigger according to our requirement and then click save.
Our Recipe is created successfully now we have to activate the Recipe and start using that.
To use the recipe we have to navigate to any issue and click on "Publish to Confluence"
From project page we have attachment, Comments, Assignee, etc. We want to publish it to Confluence than we have to Click on the 3 dots symbol and then "Publish to Confluence"
Now Content is available on Confluence Page.
By This way we can easily publish the Jira content on Confluence. Refer below video for more detail.
Hope this will be helpful. Reach out to me for any query.