Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Work Capacity/Limits in Jira Work Management

Trang Gardiner
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 19, 2024

Is there a feature or function that monitors work capacity for an individual? Or can a field be created to set the number of projects an individual can be assigned per day and if that limit is met, additional projects cannot be assigned on that day or that individual?

2 answers

0 votes
Amay Purohit_RVS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 19, 2024

Hi @Trang Gardiner 

JWM does not have capacity management feature. If you are ok to consider a mktplace app to help you to plan the capacity for your team members and track them, you can try out the one we have developed for the same use case. 

Capacity Planner

The app allows to store the capacity for individual users and save as templates. which can be mapped to a project / fix version to track the allocation and remaining time per user. Do try it out.

Disclaimer : I am part of the team which developed this app

Capacity Report - New.PNG

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 19, 2024

Hello @Trang Gardiner 

No, there is not a capacity management feature included with Jira Work Management.

There is no native method to prevent an issue from being assigned to a user based on how many issues are already assigned to that user. You might be able to add such a capability with a third party app from the Atlassian Marketplace. I don't have a specific suggestion for an app because this is not a use case I have needed to fulfill.

You could create an Automation Rule triggered by a change to the Assignee field, then get a list/count of all the issues assigned to that person (excluding the Closed/Done issues, I assume). In your rule you could evaluate if the limit has been exceeded. You could then revert the issue to whomever it was assigned to previously and/or send an email to somebody to alert them that the user has been over-allocated.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events