Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using the form in project A, I want to be able to clone issues into multiple projects using labels

Michael Osinibi April 26, 2023

Using the form in Project A (company-based project) I want users to be able to submit the form. Once it arrives in Project A, Once those issues have been created in Project A based on their labels, those issues can be cloned into Project B and Project C. In other words the issues in Project A can be routed to multiple projects based on their labels.

Steps

1. Project A form submitted to create issue in “to do” lane
  2. Project A has 3 status “to do”, “in progress” and “done”
  3. Once issue is moved from “to do” to “in progress” this issue gets cloned in Project B or in Project C

Rule details thus far….

• When: Issue transitioned FROM To do TO In Progress
  • For Current issue.

Labels equals (in any order) email

Then: Clone issue into Project B

Thank you.

2 answers

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 26, 2023

Hi Michael,

Can you share the actual rule that you have? And what is not working about it?

Michael Osinibi April 27, 2023

Hi John,  thank you for reaching out.

I went ahead and replicated the following rule: https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/automation-template-library/rules#/rule/1357222

The only changes I made were for the first and last rules. They were the following: 

1st RULE - Issue transitioned: 
When: Issue transitioned 
FROM Open TO Reviewing

Last RULE - Link issues:
introduced by - Most recently created issue

The project type the rule was created in was a Company-managed project while the project type been cloned to is a Team-managed project

This is the error I received:

Action details:

Issue condition

The following issues passed:

TRIAGE-79

Clone issue
Can not create issue in project/issue type
10035/10002

Comment on issue

Comment added to issue

Issue {{createdIssues.first.key}} has been created.

Link issues

Error linking issues: At least one of 'id' or 'key' is required to identify an issue.

I hope this helps.

0 votes
ADEEL AHMED April 26, 2023

In my opnion you can try the bulk issue change in issue setting. It may help you to migrate your issues from one project to other.

ADEEL AHMED April 26, 2023

Like this one
Screenshot 2023-04-26 223818.png

Screenshot 2023-04-26 223914.png

Michael Osinibi April 26, 2023

Hi Adeel,

Thank you for your response, I appreciate it. I was hoping more for an automated solution, something along the following example:

https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/automation-template-library/rules#/rule/1357222

The above example is aimed more for Jira Software rather Jira Work Management. I attempted to use similar rules but unable to get it to work on my instance.

Do you have any further solutions?

Thanks!

Like ADEEL AHMED likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events