Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing sidebar in company managed project

Elizabeth Connelly October 11, 2022

I'm an admin and can create a company managed project in Jira Work Management. However, I'm not see any options in my sidebar in order to use the project. All I see are the team managed projects in Work Management. I have no issue with the team managed projects, only company managed.

I don't know of an alternative. I'm trying to create a company managed project in Work Management because I need to create a new employee onboarding process using custom fields I've created. And we don't have Service Management.

1 answer

0 votes
Matt Di Berardino
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 11, 2022

Hi Elizabeth,

Could you please make sure that you have the Browse projects permission in the permission scheme that applies to this project?

We currently have a bug with the business project sidebar that means you cannot see it if you don't have Browse projects permission: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JWMCLOUD-314

We are actively working on a fix for this and it should hopefully be fixed soon. Sorry for the inconvenience this is causing.

Kind regards,
Matthieu Di Berardino
JWM Developer

Elizabeth Connelly October 12, 2022

The settings look correct to me.

2022-10-12_08-32-59.png

I logged out and back in and can still see nothing.

2022-10-12_08-34-39.png

Matt Di Berardino
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 12, 2022

Can you make sure that the permission scheme that applies to this project is the Default Permission Scheme and not another one? Because if you have Browse projects permission you should be able to see the project.

Elizabeth Connelly October 13, 2022

2022-10-13_13-21-47.pngYes. test3 is the project in question and is using the default permission scheme with the proper Browse Projects permission for Administrators.

Matt Di Berardino
Atlassian Team
October 13, 2022

We are not aware of such issue and am unable to reproduce it. Unfortunately there isn't much more I can do to help here without having access to your site.

I recommend contacting Atlassian Support at https://support.atlassian.com/contact which will allow us to properly investigate this issue.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events