Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas or Apps to make customer profiles in Jira

Jon June 15, 2024

we have a custom field that we use for customer names, and the customer field goes onto issues. I was wondering if there were any ideas or apps that you have used to hold info that is for that customer, such as address, contacts/emails, other other notes about the customer. I would be neat if we could  even click on the customer name to see these details in a single area. I think this could be similar to what people can do with salesforce or other programs. I would rather not make a bunch of other fields but instead a way that one could just click on to access other info. 

3 answers

0 votes
Kate Pawlak _Appsvio_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 17, 2024

Hi @Jon

You can achieve it using native feature called Customer Service Management: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/manage-your-customers-and-organizations/

If you need more advanced features like possibility to provide this data by customers on the portal, create one view across all projects and customers, present Assets linked to customers, use REST API etc, I can recommend a solution developed by my team: Customer & Organization Management for Jira Service Management.

Jon June 17, 2024

hi kate, 

Right now we have a custom field called Customer (its only the customer name) that is a free text field. This field is on all issues we have which we would still need to maintain.  It seems like this idea that is native in JSW could help us hold additional info about the customer (e.g contact, address, other info that is pertinent to the customer) but still allow us to have a field for Customer name like we use currently? 

Would the app have the app have the same ability or what is the difference? In particular we would want to save address, contacts, emails, it would also be helpful if we could access pertinent customer data from all issues. 

Thanks! 

jon

0 votes
Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 17, 2024

@Jon It sounds to me that your use case is Customer Relationship Management.

If so, you may want to check out the CRM apps available for Jira Cloud, because in addition to storing the contact info, they may provide a lot of additional useful features!

0 votes
Danut M _StonikByte_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 15, 2024

Hi @Jon,

Our Project Team app allows you to create advanced user profiles by adding user custom fields of various types. With this app you will be able to add all the fields that you mentioned. 

You could start with 1-month free trial. If you have any questions, feel free to contact us at support@stonikbyte.com.

Hope this helps.

Danut 

Lorenzo Manfredini
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 17, 2024

HI @Jon ,

our app User Profiles for Jira could do for your use case (add data to user profiles).

You can try the app for free by following the link I posted, and contact our Support if you need to, through the official Support channel: Product Support

Best regards,
Lorenzo
Communardo

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders