Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to delete a task based form in team mgd business project & replace with custom issue type form

Suzanne Martin May 4, 2022

I have a Team Managed, Business Project on jira cloud.

Under the forms option in the menu, there is only one form and it is based on the 'task' issue type. I know it's based on the task issue type as only the fields in my task issue type are available to drag and drop into the form.

When I click on the form option,  that one form is displayed but there is no option or three dots to allow me to delete that form. 

There is no option to change the issue type the form is based on.

I can find no way of creating a form based on a different issue type - the one I want to create the form for is a customer issue type called 'request'. A form based on a task is useless to me. The only reason I switched from a software project to a business project was to use these forms but despite all the jira documentation saying you can create a form for each issue type, that does not seem to be possible. Neither does it appear possible to delete the form that it created so that I can create one based on a different issue type.

If anyone knows how I can create a form for a custom issue type in this setup please let me know!

1 answer

0 votes
Heather Roberts
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 6, 2022

Hi @Suzanne Martin

We have only just today released this functionality to everyone, we have been incrementally getting it out to customers, so that is why the documentation I think you were looking at on support.atlassian.com didn't quite match what you were seeing.

If you go back to the Forms tab now, you should see a form directory and if you click into your form there is an issue type dropdown menu in the top left, or you can delete the form and create a new one if you prefer.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events