Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I see old tasks assigned to the Done column?

Elise
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 12, 2023

Hi, 

We were using the Done column and realised after a certain period of time the tasks assigned to the Done column would be archived/disappear. 

Is there a way to access/view these tasks again or unarchive them?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 13, 2023

Hi Elise - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

If you click on the Search box in the top navigation bar, you can enter some information such as a name or part of the key of the issue. 

Or when you click in the Search box you can then click on the Advanced Issue Search link in the bottom of that pop-up. Then you can provide lots of search criteria to find your Done issues. One example would be:

project = ABC and statusCategrory = Done

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 13, 2023

Team-managed projects by default only show the Done issues for two weeks on the board and then they disappear. If you need something more powerful/flexible, you can create a second board. Here is some guidance on how to do that is you want. If the article is helpful, please give it a Like.  :-)

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Agile-articles/Creating-a-Second-Agile-Board-for-Team-Managed-or-JIra-Work/ba-p/2115018

0 votes
Jeroen Poismans
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 13, 2023

Hi Elise and welcome to the Atlassian community!

I am assuming you are using a KanBan board here. Once a task is done it will "disappear" from the board, depending on your board's configuration. This makes sense because those tasks aren't subject to follow up anymore.

When viewing your board you (or the admins of the board) can go into the Board settings:

Screenshot 2023-07-13 at 09.17.24.png

In the general tab at the bottom you will find this setting to determine how long "done" tasks will remain on the board.

Screenshot 2023-07-13 at 09.15.04.png

Those tasks however are not archived, deleted ... They are still there, just not on the board. When you go into issue search or the project, you will find those issues again (via Filter > View all issues) applying the correct filter.

Jeroen

Elise
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 13, 2023

Hi thank you for this. Is this for a Jira Work Management Board? This looks like it might be for a Trello KanBan Board as I cannot see these options in Jira. I am in a team-managed project.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events