Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot create boards and product management seems to have an issue

Jason Micallef November 29, 2023

In JIRA work Management I had a board that disappeared from my project. When I try to add a new board I get an error that I don't have permissions despite being site admin. What is strange is that when I checked 'Product' settings, there is something really confusing - it says there are 0 users - when I go inside the product I can see the stats that say 7 active users + 1 Admin but see only my name listed.

Also strangely users are allowed to create new tasks etc and use filters... so totally baffled - only boards seems to be not working

PS: I did not try to invite users again because it will exceed the free license allowance - so totally lost. Can anyone help please?

JIRAerror.png

JIRAerror2.pngIssue .png

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 1, 2023

Hi @Jason Micallef 

I understand that you are trying to create a Jira Software project here, but this won't be possible right now because your site doesn't have Jira Software installed currently.  Instead you can only create Jira Work Management and Jira Service Management type projects at the present.

It appears that this site trialed an evaluation of Jira Software back in October, but that the product was removed, presumably at the end of the trial.  If you want to create this kind of project, you will need to at least add Jira Software back to the site.  You should be able to still select the Free plan if you want.  You can navigate to https://admin.atlassian.com/ and select your site in question, then navigate to Products > Manage subscriptions.  From that page you should be able to add back the Jira Software here, and select the plan. 

Jason Micallef December 1, 2023

Thank a lot Andy. That did solve the problem. Last question please, what happens when the trial is over - does it switch to free please or it gets removed. We should be able to use the free plan based on our current user set.

Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 1, 2023

When the evaluation expires, the site should prompt you to either enter payment details or change the plan to free.  If you do neither of those, then Jira Software would be suspended from the site automatically

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 29, 2023

Hi @Jason Micallef , the # of users spans all products. Regardless, I am puzzled by the what the images show vs. your description. Is the inability to create a board continuing? Can you share a screenshot of your project without the presence of the board?

Yes - the issue persists. I am very puzzled to be honest. Also if you see the attached image, it says JIRA is having trouble connecting to boards.

From a settings standpoint, all looks good. I have been using JIRA for ages and its the first time I encountered this. Also, as you can see from my post photos, I am not being allowed to create a new board as well. All help is appreciated...

Cannot access boards.png

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 1, 2023

I see you are on free plan as such you cannot get official tech support. However I will see if we can get an assist here.

Like Jason Micallef likes this

thank you so much! - greatly appreciated

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders