cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't filter issues on the Board by Epic

Mike P.
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 22, 2023

In Jira Work Management - on the Kanban board I can not filer issues by EPIC

2023-06-22 180108.png

I also can't customize cards in such way that Epic is seen. 

While in Jira Software it is possible

2023-06-22 180411.png

Also in  Jira Work Management in Timeline the EPIC doesn't show child issues and doesn't allow adding ones; 

Сни2023-06-22 180547.png

while chilled issues are seen and can be added to non-epics

sc 2023-06-22 180803.png

Is this a problem of free-subscription? 

1 answer

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 22, 2023

Hi Mike - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

You should be able to Filter on the JWM board by Epic. However, you can only see issues for a single Workflow at a time. So if your Epics are using a different workflow, that might be the reason. Click on the More link and chose the workflow used by your Epics if that is the case. 

And yes, boards for JWM projects are much more limited than JSW projects by design. 

And yes, there's an issue with the Timelines not fully showing the parents and children. But I am pretty that is in their backlog to fix at some point. But I don't know when. 

You can create a second Jira Software board and link it to your JWM project if you like and then use the functionality that you desire above. To do that you can follow the process in this article: 

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Agile-articles/Creating-a-Second-Agile-Board-for-Team-Managed-or-JIra-Work/ba-p/2115018

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 22, 2023

Adding to this...

The screen image shown for filtering by Epic is a feature available only on the Team Managed Software project boards. That specific feature is not available in Work Management boards, nor in Company Managed Software project boards.

Regarding customizing the cards to show the parent Epic for cards in a Work Management project - if the JWM project is Company Managed, currently you can add the Epic Link field in Customize Cards. 

Screen Shot 2023-06-22 at 1.38.10 PM.png

If the JWM project is Team Managed there is not a comparable field available in the Customize Cards list. 

Like John Funk likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events