Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can JIRA work management forms be sent to external stakeholders without the project or domain access

Maryam Yusuf June 13, 2023

I am trying to use the JIRA work management form to get requests from external stakeholders or add it to our JIRA service management help center, so when a customer submits a ticket it goes directly to the JIRA work management.

To rephrase, can I use JIRA work management form on JSM help center, or can I use JIRA product discovery form on JSM?

And also, how can I give external stakeholders access to submit ticket on our help center without JIRA lisence?

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 23, 2023

Hello @Maryam Yusuf 

Welcome to the Atlassian community.

If you want to allow stakeholders to create issues without a Jira license there are a few methods:

1. Use Jira Service Management and make those stakeholders Customers of your Jira Service Management project. Customers of a Jira Service Management project do not require a license.

2. Allow Anonymous Access to your Jira product(s). Anonymous access, though, will make the product accessible to everybody on the internet.

3. Let users create issues (in a Software or Work Management project) only by submitting an email. Set up an Email Handler that will process the incoming email and in it set a Default Reporter to a user account that is a licensed user.

A Jira Work Management form can't be shared with an unlicensed user. This is stated in the documentation concerning use of those forms.

I don't believe you can use a Jira Work Management form in a Jira Service Management project. You could, however, let your external stakeholders create issues in JSM, and use Automation to create an issue in a Jira Work Management project for each issue created by an external stakeholder/customer in a Service Management project.

I have not learned about Jira Product Discovery yet, so I can't answer you question about using those forms in JSM.

Maryam Yusuf June 23, 2023

Thank you for your suggestions. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events