Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I add a custom field to indicate this story/initiative is overdue?

nessie.liu September 22, 2023

My request is I want to create a dashboard to monitor all the initiatives in my company and see if there's any is delayed, I can use this JQL(Duedate < now() and status !=done) to filter those "delayed" initiatives, can I custom a filed to indicate this status? Means this custom field can be defined by JQL

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 22, 2023

Hello @nessie.liu 

Welcome to the Atlassian community.

Can you explain why you want to note an item is overdue using a custom field when you can get that list of issues already with the JQL statement?

You certainly can do what you want by using an Automation Rule to execute the JQL to find the issues and then set the custom field. But it seems like an unnecessary extra step.

nessie.liu September 24, 2023

Thanks for your prompt answer! Yes I also found that I can use Automation to set the field, the purpose of using custom field is I want to use Dashboard Pie Chart, Pie Chart is only allowed to use field to show the percentage and number.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events