Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOARD: How do I sort issues within the columns in a JWM Board?

Mariah Ferreira Do Prado Rottoli June 23, 2023

Hello,

my team uses Jira Work Management and they have a board grouped by Status. However, they are not finding a way to sort the cards in each column by descending order, or by creation date.

JWM columns with no sort.png

Since the JWM boards are not set by a JQL filter, is there a way to configure this type of sorting in the boards?

P.S.: I know it is possible to sort the items in the LIST view, but that changes back to a default everytime we leave the view and also, the team works out of the BOARD view most of the time. So they really wanted to sort the BOARD.

Thank you!

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 23, 2023

Hello @Mariah Ferreira Do Prado Rottoli 

At this time it is not possible to sort the cards by anything other than Rank in a JWM board. There is a change request here to which you can add your vote/comments.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JWMCLOUD-291

Mariah Ferreira Do Prado Rottoli June 26, 2023

Thank you very much, Trudy! 
I´ve already voted for this change request and let the team know about it so they can vote for it too.

Like Polina Karpenko likes this
0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 23, 2023

Hi Mariah,

It is possible to create a second board (Jira Software board) where you could do those types of configurations. Here is an article that will give you more information and help you through that process. If it's helpful, give it a Like for me.  :-)

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Agile-articles/Creating-a-Second-Agile-Board-for-Team-Managed-or-JIra-Work/ba-p/2115018

Mariah Ferreira Do Prado Rottoli June 26, 2023

Hello Joh,

thank you very much for your suggestion, but the team will stick to working only from the JWM board at this time. 

Like John Funk likes this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 26, 2023

Understood. If you end up deciding that you need the functionality, the article should help. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events