Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic actions from calendar inputs

yann.boulanger July 21, 2023

Hi,

We start with Jira soon and our users asked us a question :

We can link our outlook calendar to Jira Work Management thought Tempo and with have Jira automation for tempo, ok, but :

Is there a way to assign calendar event to specific project, eventually thru an automatic ticket creation from the calendar event title ?

I've look for that on internet and it seems that it's not implemented yet.

HAve you experienced a similar request and have you found a way to reach this goal ?

Thank you very much,

Yann Boulanger

1 answer

2 votes
Britta Neugebauer _yasoon_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 24, 2023

Hi @yann.boulanger ,

I see ... Maybe this is an alternative to working with Jira automation:

You could work with an app from the Atlassian Marketplace. I work for yasoon and we've developed Microsoft 365 for Jira, which offers an Outlook calendar integration. The app is free for up to 10 users. This is how you can work with Oulook calendars in Jira with the app:

If you want to, we can talk about your specific use case in a call. You can book a demo here.

Happy Monday,

Britta

yann.boulanger July 24, 2023

Hi,

In fact I want jira to create ticket from outlook calendar, not just link events to existing tickets.

To be honest I understand our users, imagine that each time you want to do a task for a project, you have to :

- Open Jira and login (sessions never persist enought between to actions in Jira)

- open Jira workload

- Find the project

- Open a ticket/an issue

- Link it eventually to a calendar event in order for the project manager to manage their timesheet.

What I think that should be easy is to :

- Open a new meeting in outlook with a specific title (for exemple : Project  - Add user for application"

- Jira could have a trigger for this new events, something like : From new event -> Open ticket using a regular exprerssion -> choose the projetc from a part of the title -> open a new ticket"

I've try to check what could be done with Tempo API but it seems that you can't change the ticket link for an unattrributed event, Am i wrong ?

Thank you for your help,

Best regards,

Yann Boulanger

Like # people like this
Britta Neugebauer _yasoon_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 24, 2023

Hi @yann.boulanger , 

I see the problem ... as of now, you can't do this with yasoon's integration. We are working on ehancing the Jira automation features with Outlook meetings and calendars, but right now it is not possible to assign calendar events to specific projects in Jira with our app. 

As I am not an expert for Tempo, I can only refer to their knowledge base.

Best,
Britta

Like John Funk likes this
yann.boulanger January 9, 2024

Hi,

I have programed it as a kind of adaptator between Jira and Outlook

It works fine but a link table manually filled is needed.

Best regards,

Yann Boulanger

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events