is possible to set Issue Type Screen Schemes security?

erika_zanoni February 4, 2021

Hi,

I need to set different issue type screen schemes for different user, is it possible?

example:

User A only view 3 fields when he  creates an issue

User B view 5 fields when he creates an issue

Thanks

2 answers

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 4, 2021

Hi Erika, 

I do not know of a way to do this. The only thing that I can thing of is to create a tab on the Create screen in Jira called system or something like that. Then put those fields in this new tab so they are somewhat hidden. 

If you are really worried about them getting populated, then create an Automation rule that clears the fields after the issue is created by certain users. 

erika_zanoni February 5, 2021

Hi john,

I can't do your solution for 2 reason:

-I want that normal  user never see some fields, I want they see only the fields that they need to fill

-I have some post function that start if some fields are not empty, for the reason I can't set an automation that clears this fields  because in this way the postfunction start before the automation

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 7, 2021

You are simply not going to be able to hide some fields for some users and not others in Jira Cloud. There is no field level security like that. 

0 votes
Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 4, 2021

No, it is not possible in native Jira.

You have to go with a Plugin to achieve this requirement.

I would suggest not going with this requirement as it is not a good way to use Jira.

May I know what is the purpose you are trying to achieve here?

Thanks,
Pramodh

I have some fields that I need to use only when I Create an issue by Rest API call and not when I create the issue from Jira.  For that reason I need to hide the Fields that users have to leave empty when they create the issue manually, but when the interation user create the issue from rest api he needs to have this fields

Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 4, 2021

Well, this is possible but for all users in your project.

yes, I know that is possible to do different screen schemes for issue operation(create/view/edit), but i need to do this combinated for different users, not for all users

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events