how to store jira cloud app data

Fisnik Veseli November 18, 2020

hi all , did anyone store data for jira could app for example the url and username and pass for webhook that its connecting with jira.

thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Dario B
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 19, 2020

Hello @Fisnik Veseli ,

I am not sure I have a correct understanding of what you are trying to achieve. Are you building an app/connect-addon or anything else? 

Can you kindly provide more details?

Cheers,
Dario 

Fisnik Veseli November 19, 2020

@Dario B  i need to have a user name an password for webhook and build an app for that but where do i store the data for that dose jira cloud have a database that i can store this config .

thanks 

Nick

Dario B
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 20, 2020

Hello @Fisnik Veseli ,

As mentioned in the Webhook developers documentation page, authentication is only supported when building connect add-ons since in this case the outgoing calls are signed with your app's sharedSecret:

For further details on webhooks and connect add-ons for Jira Cloud please see below links from the Jira Cloud platform developer documentation:

In case this is not what you are looking for, and you actually are trying to add an authorization header to the webhooks created in Jira Cloud UI, then this is not currently available. We have a Feature request open for this in our system since quite some time but it didn't manage to get enough traction so far:

As mentioned in above ticket, as a workaround:

Finally, for the future, please notice that this is not the best place to get help on development  related questions. The right resources are listed in https://developer.atlassian.com/resources. 

Specifically:

I hope this helps.

Cheers,
Dario 

Fisnik Veseli November 20, 2020

thanks for the response @Dario B im looking for something simple as the application that im syncing its need to me authenticated with username and password on the call, we managed to build the app to do this but we need to store data as the url and username and password for instates, is it passible or how can i store these in Jira cloud without outside storage 

thanks 

Nick

Dario B
Atlassian Team
November 20, 2020

Hi @Fisnik Veseli ,

If my previous reply is not helpful then I am not sure I understand what you are trying to achieve. 

Do you want to configure Jira so that it will send authenticated requests to your app, or anything else?

Can you please clarify?

Cheers,
Dario

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders