automation for jira disable parent issue update popup

이창호 June 10, 2021

I've set the task of parent work to change if the child task changes.

But every time the subtask changes and the parent task changes, a pop-up like a screenshot appears, is there any way to make it change right away without a pop-up?

3 answers

1 vote
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 10, 2021

Hi @이창호  - I would check to see if there are any post functions on the transitions in the Sub-task workflow that might be firing. 

이창호 June 10, 2021

I'm sorry, I didn't understand exactly what you meant.

Can you tell me in detail which part to check?

First of all, I will attach a few additional screenshots to give you a detailed picture of the environment in which I work.

1.png2.png

0 votes
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 15, 2021

Hi @이창호

the screenshot you presented will not be configurable from what I know.
It asks the user if the parent issues should be aligned for the status to the one that the sub-tasks have (I believe the screenshot is truncated and it refers to a parent issue, like TEST-123).

Likely it reads all sub-tasks are now closed - and asks if the parent issue should be closed also.

Probably it works when you double check your rules if there some logic missing. From the screenshot I was not able to exactly identify the rule's logic. While it does not look you are transitioning to any closed status (a and b do not seem of a closed status category) the "Update Parent Issue" pop up indeed suggests this is the case.

Do both parent issue and sub-task share the same workflow?

Regards,
Daniel

0 votes
이창호 June 10, 2021

asfasf.png

this is screenshot

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS