What the name of the 'Automation' group or how to exclude Automation from workflow validators?

Alexey
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 20, 2022

Hey, there are some automations performed by 'Bot'.

After adding validators on some workflow statuses I'm getting issues with automation.

In validation settings, I can exempt groups, but I can't figure out which group belongs to 'Automation' actor since it's not a real user.

Update Workflow Transition 'Field has been modifie.png

I need a different solution on how a Bot could ignore all human stuff ;)

2 answers

2 votes
Fernando Eugênio da Silva
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 20, 2022

Hey, @Alexey 

You need to use project role: "atlassian-addons-projects".

Users like automation or other users created by third apps are includ in project role "atlassian-addons-projects" not a group in jira.

Hope this helps.

Best,

Fernando

Alexey
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 20, 2022

Thanks, closest to that is atlassian-addons-admin

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 20, 2022

That one should work. 

0 votes
Alexey
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 25, 2022

Unfortunately, that works only for some validators.
Field Required validators (check if a field is empty) got no except option.

Add Workflow Transition Validator - Jira — Mozilla.png

Any workarounds here?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events