Update closed ticket to resolved

Kevin Baidas March 19, 2023

I had an automation process that was not resolving tickets when the status was transitioned.  That has been resolved.

I have 4 tickets that are in the closed status but still showing unresolved.  How do I edit those 4 tickets to become resolved?

2 answers

2 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 19, 2023

Hi Kevin,

For the current issues, you will need to add a self looping transition to the closed status (the transition goes from Closed back to itself (or whatever the status name is)). In that transition, set a condition that only administrators can execute the status. Then also add a post function to set the Resolution field. 

Save and publish the workflow. Then on the issue, you should be able to execute the new looping transition to set the Resolution field. 

Afterwards, you can edit the workflow and remove that looping transition if you like because it should not be needed again if you put the other post function in place.

0 votes
Kelly Arrey
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 20, 2023

Or, if you have a transition from Closed to a prior status, move it back to the prior status and move it back to Closed (assuming that the Close transition sets resolution correctly).

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events