Smart Value for Fetching Custom field Default value is not working

Raju Mandapaka June 9, 2021

Hi Team,

I am using a custom field (Multi line Text Field) and added some default values for that field, Now i need fetch those default values by using Jira Automation for old issues (which are created before custom field was created).

Tried with this syntax but its not working.

{{issue.ABC.defaultValue}}

Expecting a fast response.

Thanks in Advance.

1 answer

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 9, 2021

Hi Seetham,

I am confused by what you mean by "default value" . Are you wanting to copy the value of an existing field into the new custom field? 

Hi @John Funk 

Hope this snapshot explains better..

Default.PNG

Thanks,

Raju

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 9, 2021

So, you want to populate a new custom field with some static text for old issues (issues that existing before the default value (static text) was added? 

If that is the case, why don't you just do a Bulk change to update all of the issues? 

Yes i can, but how to call them in Automations? with out bulk change.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 9, 2021

I see this bug that says they will not be fixing that smart value if I am reading it right.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-74208

Suggest an answer