Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Celebration

Earn badges and make progress

You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.

Deleted user Avatar
Deleted user

Level 1: Seed

25 / 150 points

Next: Root

1 badge earned

Collect

Participate in fun challenges

Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!

Challenges
Coins

Gift kudos to your peers

What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.

Recognition
Ribbon

Rise up in the ranks

Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!

Leaderboard

Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Roadmap - how can I get my tasks to display dates on the roadmap to show timelines

I have added child tasks to my epic and add start and due dates to both the epic and the tasks but the timeline is not appearing on my dependencies only on the epic.  I have enabled linking and I have also added links to my tasks, task 1  is blocked by task 2 etc  

any suggestions what I am missing please 

roadmap.png

5 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted

Hi,

Not sure if you have checked recently but I had the same issue and have resolved it. I am also using a KANBAN board.

Go to Roadmap settings and enable "Child Level Issues Scheduling"

Jira.jpg

This is cool. Thanks @Ashley Hill 

0 votes
Kanatbek I'm New Here Oct 03, 2022

I've several projects, all of them are company-managed Kanban projects. The weird thing is that only one of them doesn't display timelines for tasks.

I have the same issue on the project. Not sure what the reason is. 
Scrum board, Cloud Jira. 

I encountered the same issue yesterday with the sub-epic issues types not showing the date bars.  I made sure that all the issues had the dates like you said that you did but it still didn't work.  I came in this morning and refreshed the Roadmap page and the date bars are showing now.  So, maybe there is a slight lag/batch process for the roadmap view updating?  That's my best theory at this point.  Wish I could offer a true root cause.

thanks Michael but no joy, I refreshed the page, several times and have logged in again but they date bars are still not appearing

hi Jeremy

thank you for your suggestion but I dont want to have to buy another addon for Jira it provides an example in the documentation where it works and we can see timelines against the stories and tasks not just epics. so I would like to use the native Jira roadmap as per the documentation see screenshot attached

roadmap example.png 

The important part is this feature only works for Scrum on the cloud. If you are using Kaban the roadmap feature you are looking for wont work.  It is on Atlassian roadmap.

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Atlassian Community Events