Roadmap - how can I get my tasks to display dates on the roadmap to show timelines

Tally Brosnan February 8, 2022

I have added child tasks to my epic and add start and due dates to both the epic and the tasks but the timeline is not appearing on my dependencies only on the epic.  I have enabled linking and I have also added links to my tasks, task 1  is blocked by task 2 etc  

any suggestions what I am missing please 

roadmap.png

5 answers

1 accepted

7 votes
Answer accepted
Ashley Hill August 19, 2022

Hi,

Not sure if you have checked recently but I had the same issue and have resolved it. I am also using a KANBAN board.

Go to Roadmap settings and enable "Child Level Issues Scheduling"

Jira.jpg

Raj Shrestha December 13, 2022

This is cool. Thanks @Ashley Hill 

0 votes
Kanatbek October 3, 2022

I've several projects, all of them are company-managed Kanban projects. The weird thing is that only one of them doesn't display timelines for tasks.

0 votes
Anastasiya Khanenya April 12, 2022

I have the same issue on the project. Not sure what the reason is. 
Scrum board, Cloud Jira. 

0 votes
Michael Smith February 9, 2022

I encountered the same issue yesterday with the sub-epic issues types not showing the date bars.  I made sure that all the issues had the dates like you said that you did but it still didn't work.  I came in this morning and refreshed the Roadmap page and the date bars are showing now.  So, maybe there is a slight lag/batch process for the roadmap view updating?  That's my best theory at this point.  Wish I could offer a true root cause.

Tally Brosnan February 9, 2022

thanks Michael but no joy, I refreshed the page, several times and have logged in again but they date bars are still not appearing

Tally Brosnan February 9, 2022

hi Jeremy

thank you for your suggestion but I dont want to have to buy another addon for Jira it provides an example in the documentation where it works and we can see timelines against the stories and tasks not just epics. so I would like to use the native Jira roadmap as per the documentation see screenshot attached

roadmap example.png 

Jeremy Sherwood February 9, 2022

The important part is this feature only works for Scrum on the cloud. If you are using Kaban the roadmap feature you are looking for wont work.  It is on Atlassian roadmap.

Suggest an answer