Release notes add custum fields

Eric Roetenberg February 17, 2023

Hello all,

If you want to make the release notes under Releases, you have the option to add fields. Not all fields are listed here in how and where can I add them.release notes velden zichtbaar maken.PNG

3 answers

1 vote
Ryan Northfield _Mumo Systems_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 17, 2023

Three ideas:

1. It appears that this issue is a related issue, maybe the resolution there will help you. Although I wasn't able to implement this successfully on my Jira instance in my limited research.
  2. You can add new rich text custom fields that will appear in those options https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/create-release-notes/ (even though that isn't per se what you're asking, but it might be a work around if nothing else works).
  3. When I switched to 'Create In' Confluence, I was able to see all fields, so maybe if you connect Confluence, that will give you want you want. 

Screen Shot 2023-02-17 at 8.52.55 AM.pngScreen Shot 2023-02-17 at 8.53.04 AM.png

Eric Roetenberg February 18, 2023

Hi Ryan

Where can i find the option Add Paragraph  fieldsrelease add parg field.PNG

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 20, 2023

If it's not listed in the options after you click 'Configure' then you'll have to click 'Go to custom fields' at the bottom of the configure side-bar (I believe you have to have Jira administrator privileges) and click the 'Create custom field' button in the top-right of the screen and then search for 'paragraph' in the search box. 

Screen Shot 2023-02-20 at 8.09.07 AM.pngScreen Shot 2023-02-20 at 8.10.51 AM.png

Eric Roetenberg February 20, 2023

Hi Ryan,

I did it this way but the field is not visible in the System Fields screen like my attachment in the question what else could it be.

Grtz. Eric

Rising Star
Rising Star
February 20, 2023

Did you assign the new custom field you just created to the screen scheme that is used by the project you're creating release notes for? (You can find the screen scheme your project uses in the Project Settings -> Issues/Screens of the project if its a company-managed project. You can associate the new custom field to the screen scheme the project uses by going to the Custom Fields admin page, clicking the elipses of the custom field and click "Associate to Screens")

I'm pretty sure this is sufficient for the new field to appear on the release notes format options, but you can still check the below two items as well.

If so, can you see the new custom field in the issue layout of that screen? (You can find the issue layout in the Project Settings -> Issues/Layout of the project if its a company-managed project) 

And, therefore, can see the new field in the project's issues when you view the issues themselves? 

0 votes
VINCENT DUPONT February 22, 2024

Hello, I face the same problem. I do not understand why some custom fields are available to be added into the Release Note and other are not. This seem to be not related to the screen or screen scheme used in my project.

0 votes
Eric Roetenberg February 21, 2023

Hi Ryan,

All the fields are just added to the screens and diagrams. i find it so strange that only about 10 fields are displayed in the Relaese Notes formatting options. Surely these fields must be tricked somewhere.
As you see in the screenshots you just see all the fields in the user story but not in the formatting option. have searched all over the internet but can't find the solution. been working as a Jira admin for 2 years but can't find it.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

tab release.PNGformatted options.PNGscherm 3 details tab.PNG

Grtz  Eric

Rising Star
Rising Star
February 22, 2023

Eric,

That is odd. I'm not sure why those fields are showing while the new field isn't. At this point all I can think of is to figure out why those 10 or so issues are displaying as options for Release Notes, and then use that information to make the field you want appear. 

kjames_IFI September 22, 2023

Any traction on this issue?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events