Read only project

Tim Arthur
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 5, 2023

re: Solved: Project read-only permissions (atlassian.com), does not seem to work for me.

Context: We have a project that is wrapping up and it would be helpful to have around for archive and reference. However, we do not want edits.

Went to settings>issues>permission scheme>add permission scheme>set at first only browse projects for our users. 

Went to project>project settings>permissions>actions>use a different security scheme>picked the Read Only one mentioned above.

Viewing project issues filter page, I see "The value 'TEA' does not exist for the field 'project'."

Where TEA is verified to be the code for this (test) project.

Tried to fix.

I am an admin, so set administer project to project role of administrators.

No luck.

Went back to the read only permission scheme and set view aggregated data, view dev tools and view read only workflow to include the user group project role.

Stuck.

Thank you for your help.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Tim Arthur
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 5, 2023

Experimented by adding "any logged in user" to browse projects, and it worked. Unsure what I did though with respect to security, but at least the scheme now seems to work.

Tim Arthur
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 8, 2023

I'll close this and google elsewhere what "any logged in user" means.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events