Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

'Next unreleased version' does not pop up when setting up automation rule Edited

Hello, 

I would like to replicate and apply the following automation rule for my project: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/How-can-I-automate-assigning-earliest-open-FIX-VERSION-to-status/qaq-p/1384606

However, when opening a tab with 'Fix versions' under the Edit issue filed, I cannot find 'next unreleased version' within my project. 

Do I need to create an automation rule for that? or should it pop up by itself? 

Thank you in advance! 

4 answers

The 'next unreleased version' is a custom field that you will need to configure in your project.

Navigate to Settings -> Issues -> Custom fields and then click 'Create custom field' of type either 'Number field' or 'Text field' and name it 'Next unreleased version' and then associate it with a screen/s.

Once you have your custom field, create a new automation rule following the instructions you were previously following and you'll find this 'Next unreleased version' field in the drop-down list.

Edit: Sorry @Ekaterina Kozuseva , I misunderstood the question. Please ignore this!

@Airbus Driver I have created the custom field, however, it appears as a separate type of the field under the 'Choose fields to set' and not under the fix version now. 

What am I doing wrong? 

Or did we mean different things? I want the 'Next unreleased version' to pick the unreleased fix version automatically, not create it as a separate field on the task. 

Sorry, @Ekaterina Kozuseva , I'm out of ideas. If I manage to find a solution, I'll post it here.

Like Ekaterina Kozuseva likes this

@Airbus Driver thanks for the reply.

I have created the custom field, however, it appears as a separate type of the field under the 'Choose fields to set' and not under the fix version now. 

What am I doing wrong? 

@Ekaterina Kozuseva, sorry I totally misunderstood the question. Let me check...

Like Ekaterina Kozuseva likes this

Hi @Ekaterina Kozuseva 

What problem are you trying to solve?

You posted:

However, when opening a tab with 'Fix versions' under the Edit issue filed, I cannot find 'next unreleased version' within my project. 

What do you mean by opening a tab?

The earliestUnreleasedVersion() is a function which is available in JQL, and it is also an option (called "Next unreleased version") available when assigning a version in an automation rule.  It is *not* a custom field.

Best regards,
Bill

The problem is that @Ekaterina Kozuseva (and me) are unable to get the "Next unreleased version" as an option in the automation rule.

Hi Bill, 

Indeed, we are not getting the 'next unreleased version' option at the first place in order to set an automation rule as described here:

Screen Shot 2020-05-21 at 17.06.36.png

And my question is if it should be there by default (seemed so when I was reading other instructions) or I am doing anything wrong at the first place and I am supposed to set it up somewhere for it (next unreleased version) to appear as in the screenshot.

Hi, and thanks for clarifying!  

Something is clearly broken/different, as I also confirmed the option is now gone, even though it is shown in the post you reference and there are open defects about its behavior.

I suggest asking your site admin to submit a defect to support here: https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

Once you hear back from them, please post what you learn.  Thanks!

Hi Bill, it appeared to be a bug, it is now resolved :) 

Like # people like this

Thanks for the follow-up @Ekaterina Kozuseva !

Would you post what you learned as a new answer here, and then mark it as "accepted"?  That will help others in the community find solutions faster, as we cannot see the information about your support ticket.  Thanks!

Unfortunatly useless
I've found all unreleased version of my project, there are listed inside the label dropdown:

I've choosen Labels from "Choose fields to set..." button, than I find all my project version on Labels suggest dropdown

I hope this bug will be fixed soon.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

🏊‍♀️ Atlympic Event: Trello

Hello Community!  Quick disclaimer: We are running a contest on Community (The Atlympics!) from July 23rd - August 8th of 2021. If you are interested in participating in this contest (prizes! ...

113 views 1 12
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you