'Next unreleased version' does not pop up when setting up automation rule

Deleted user July 14, 2021

Hello, 

I would like to replicate and apply the following automation rule for my project: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/How-can-I-automate-assigning-earliest-open-FIX-VERSION-to-status/qaq-p/1384606

However, when opening a tab with 'Fix versions' under the Edit issue filed, I cannot find 'next unreleased version' within my project. 

Do I need to create an automation rule for that? or should it pop up by itself? 

Thank you in advance! 

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
lara gramigni July 19, 2021

Unfortunatly useless
I've found all unreleased version of my project, there are listed inside the label dropdown:

I've choosen Labels from "Choose fields to set..." button, than I find all my project version on Labels suggest dropdown

I hope this bug will be fixed soon.

Deleted user July 20, 2021

Hi Iara, it appeared to be a bug and is now resolved from Jira side. 
You can see the ticket if needed: https://getsupport.atlassian.com/servicedesk/customer/portal/23/JST-676865?error=login_required&error_description=Login+required&state=805bf1a6-a03b-479f-bbf7-46d473aa0ee9

Works fine for me now. 

0 votes
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 14, 2021

Hi @[deleted] 

What problem are you trying to solve?

You posted:

However, when opening a tab with 'Fix versions' under the Edit issue filed, I cannot find 'next unreleased version' within my project. 

What do you mean by opening a tab?

The earliestUnreleasedVersion() is a function which is available in JQL, and it is also an option (called "Next unreleased version") available when assigning a version in an automation rule.  It is *not* a custom field.

Best regards,
Bill

Airbus Driver
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 14, 2021

The problem is that @[deleted] (and me) are unable to get the "Next unreleased version" as an option in the automation rule.

Hi Bill, 

Indeed, we are not getting the 'next unreleased version' option at the first place in order to set an automation rule as described here:

Screen Shot 2020-05-21 at 17.06.36.png

And my question is if it should be there by default (seemed so when I was reading other instructions) or I am doing anything wrong at the first place and I am supposed to set it up somewhere for it (next unreleased version) to appear as in the screenshot.

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 15, 2021

Hi, and thanks for clarifying!  

Something is clearly broken/different, as I also confirmed the option is now gone, even though it is shown in the post you reference and there are open defects about its behavior.

I suggest asking your site admin to submit a defect to support here: https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

Once you hear back from them, please post what you learn.  Thanks!

Deleted user July 20, 2021

Hi Bill, it appeared to be a bug, it is now resolved :) 

Like # people like this
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 20, 2021

Thanks for the follow-up @[deleted] !

Would you post what you learned as a new answer here, and then mark it as "accepted"?  That will help others in the community find solutions faster, as we cannot see the information about your support ticket.  Thanks!

0 votes

@Airbus Driver thanks for the reply.

I have created the custom field, however, it appears as a separate type of the field under the 'Choose fields to set' and not under the fix version now. 

What am I doing wrong? 

Airbus Driver
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 14, 2021

@[deleted], sorry I totally misunderstood the question. Let me check...

Like Deleted user likes this

@Airbus Driver no worries, 

thanks! 

0 votes
Airbus Driver
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 14, 2021

The 'next unreleased version' is a custom field that you will need to configure in your project.

Navigate to Settings -> Issues -> Custom fields and then click 'Create custom field' of type either 'Number field' or 'Text field' and name it 'Next unreleased version' and then associate it with a screen/s.

Once you have your custom field, create a new automation rule following the instructions you were previously following and you'll find this 'Next unreleased version' field in the drop-down list.

Edit: Sorry @[deleted] , I misunderstood the question. Please ignore this!

@Airbus Driver I have created the custom field, however, it appears as a separate type of the field under the 'Choose fields to set' and not under the fix version now. 

What am I doing wrong? 

Or did we mean different things? I want the 'Next unreleased version' to pick the unreleased fix version automatically, not create it as a separate field on the task. 

Airbus Driver
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 14, 2021

Sorry, @[deleted] , I'm out of ideas. If I manage to find a solution, I'll post it here.

Like Deleted user likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events