• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

New issue view - creating stories for epic with required fields

Hi,

We require the team field to be set in our story workflow to make Advanced Roadmap work better.

With Atlassian rolling out the new issue view on March 31st, creating child stories for epics hits problems: if you have an epic open, click 'Create issue in epic', it doesn't open the create screen, you can only edit the summary of the ticket. Once you leave the field, it shows a yellow warning sign "We couldn't create the child issue". Obviously, because there is a required field which we could not set.  Too bad it is confusing, the error message also says that 'Check your connection, then give another try' as if there was a network issue - misleading.

Thankfully when I open the board navigate to the epic and there I click 'Create issue in epic', the regular create ticket form opens and I can set the Team field and save the ticket.

Does anyone know what to change in JIRA to make the new issue view show the create ticket screen when creating issues in an epic?

1 answer

1 vote
John Funk Community Leader Mar 19, 2021

Hi Laci,

There is a recorded Bug for this here:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-75648

But it appears to be in the long term backlog, which probably means years before any fix will happen. You should make other plans for that function on March 31. 

John, thank you! Somehow I didn't find this ticket, now voted. 

Like John Funk likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira

Building a powerful Kanban dashboard in Jira with Great Gadgets app

Kanban is a popular agile framework suitable for both operations and development teams. It does not matter if you are a support team handling issues reported by customers, an internal service desk te...

53 views 0 0
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you