New issue view - creating stories for epic with required fields

Laci Kremer March 19, 2021

Hi,

We require the team field to be set in our story workflow to make Advanced Roadmap work better.

With Atlassian rolling out the new issue view on March 31st, creating child stories for epics hits problems: if you have an epic open, click 'Create issue in epic', it doesn't open the create screen, you can only edit the summary of the ticket. Once you leave the field, it shows a yellow warning sign "We couldn't create the child issue". Obviously, because there is a required field which we could not set.  Too bad it is confusing, the error message also says that 'Check your connection, then give another try' as if there was a network issue - misleading.

Thankfully when I open the board navigate to the epic and there I click 'Create issue in epic', the regular create ticket form opens and I can set the Team field and save the ticket.

Does anyone know what to change in JIRA to make the new issue view show the create ticket screen when creating issues in an epic?

1 answer

1 vote
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 19, 2021

Hi Laci,

There is a recorded Bug for this here:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-75648

But it appears to be in the long term backlog, which probably means years before any fix will happen. You should make other plans for that function on March 31. 

Laci Kremer March 19, 2021

John, thank you! Somehow I didn't find this ticket, now voted. 

Like John Funk likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events