• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Multiple Custom field context for different issue types within the same project

I am looking to create multiple contexts within the same project for different issue types. After I create one context for an issue type, going back to the context, the project is removed from the menu indicating that I cannot create another context for that field within the project for a different issue type.

Example:

The global field config for custom field (single dropdown selector) "Department" is "Audio, Visual, Accounting".

In a project (A) for issue type "Request". The desired options for this issue type and field would be: "Customer Service, Maintenance, Administration".

In the custom field context for the same project (A), I'd like to change the options for "Department" for issue type "Bug" to include "Research, Legal". 

Is this not possible? I'm ultimately trying to get JSD (cloud) to display a set of options to a user for a specific request type (associated to an issue type "Bug") and for a different request type (associated to issue type "Request") show other options. If I have 4 other issue types in this project potentially using this field, having to create a total of 5 more custom fields to simply show other options seems crazy, what am I missing?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Daniel Ebers Community Leader Nov 18, 2020

Hi Adam,

this is not possible but there is a Suggestion open for that. Feel free to vote and watch the issue:
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-6851

From this Suggestion the limitation is as follows:

In the custom field configuration context, it is not possible to choose a project if it has already been associated to another configuration context of the same custom field. For instance, it is not possible to make the following associations:

Task, project1, configuration context 1
Task, project2, configuration context 2
Bug, project1, configuration context 3
Bug, project2, configuration context 4

Cheers,
Daniel

Thanks for the quick reply Daniel. I'll make a note on the ticket.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira

Announcing the waitlist for Jira Work Management

Hey there Cloud Community members! We’re excited to give you the first glimpse of the new home for business teams on Jira — Jira Work Management. Jira Work Management is the next generation of J...

132 views 3 7
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you