Migrated space is getting recover permissions

Bn November 26, 2022

We are migrating spaces from server to cloud, below are my questions

1) After migrating the space to cloud, some spaces are unable to view in view all spaces, i know the solution is to do the recover permissions, but can i know why it is coming as recover permissions.

2) In server instance i am nowhere listed in space permissions, as a org and site admin am able to enter all spaces why the same is not happening once migrated to cloud.

I want all migrated spaces should show manage permissions instead of recover permissions as am high level rights, please help me with possible solutions

1 answer

0 votes
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 27, 2022

Hi  @Bn ,

this article could help you to figure out the cause https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloudkb/space-pages-and-content-cannot-be-seen-after-migration-1108487658.html

Cause

The relationship between the users and their assigned groups is not preserved during the migration. Users, including administrators, must be reassigned to permission groups as a post-migration activity.

Hope this helps,

Fabio

Bn November 27, 2022

Is there any solution to prevent this or can we do something like for any space migrated a group should be assigned automatically

Suggest an answer