Jira automation -> when a sprint is starts --> create/increment a new release version

ajaysheroan June 7, 2022

I am trying to have an automation for new release version creation as soon as a sprint starts. I was able to create the automation but not able to increment the JIRA Release Version Number. 

For example... I started with base release version name - 0.0.1 and when the next sprint starts, I want this to have 0.0.2 ( automatic increment). 

I looked into the community and found some answers for Jira issue and tried to implement them but unable to.

1 answer

0 votes
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 7, 2022

Hi @ajaysheroan -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Please post images of your current rule and audit log details, and that will provide context for the community to offer suggestions.  Thanks!

When you note that you found some answers, tried to implement them, and was unable to do so, what happened?  What did not work as you expected?

Here is an example post which seems to match your use case and I believe can help:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/Jira-Automation-Creating-a-fix-Version-with-appropriate-name/qaq-p/1363691

Kind regards,
Bill

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events