Jira automation - change status for issues created before a specific date

Dana.Harel June 9, 2022

Hi, 

I want to use automation on all issues that were created before the following date-  31/12/2021. 

If the issue status is open --> the automation will change the status to closed.

• Trigger - I cant seem to find the correct trigger to start this automation. 
  • Condition - seems like there is no option to set issues created before a specific date
  • Action - I've been planning to use the "transition issue" (would love to get new ideas as well)  

Thanks!  

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Rilwan Ahmed
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 9, 2022

Hi @Dana.Harel ,

As you are trying to close all old tickets, I would suggest to make use of Bulk Edit and transition the required tickets to Closed status.
Please note: You should have permission to close on the listed tickets. 

You can use JQL "created <= 2021-12-31 and status = Open" to find out the tickets. 

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 9, 2022

Agreed - if this is a one time action, you are better off doing a Bulk change. 

Dana.Harel June 12, 2022

Thanks! it's working 

Like John Funk likes this
Rilwan Ahmed
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 12, 2022

@Dana.Harel ,

Glad it helped you. Please accept the answer. It could be helpful for other members with similar question. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events