Jira automation - access to all Components changed (from/to)

Raffaele Litto June 23, 2021

I have a 

What is the smart value that must be accessed to be able to evaluate all removed or added Components after a trigger of Value Change: Components 

I thought `changelog.components` but I cannot access `fromString`, `toString` or `name`

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Raffaele Litto June 24, 2021

I was actually able to sort it:

I was able to add a comment, eg:

Component changed from {{changelog.component.fromString}} to {{changelog.component.toString}}

So it is {{#changelog.component.to}} and {{#changelog.component.from}} to access the single ones probably, will keep posted

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 24, 2021

Thanks, @Raffaele Litto !!

Looks like they have improved the API so the automation rules can use that.  Let's see what they update in the defect/suggestion.

Please mark your own answer as "accepted" as that will help others find this solution in the future.  Thanks, again!

__Bill

0 votes
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 23, 2021

Hi @Raffaele Litto 

According to this defect, automation changelog does not work for components and fixVersion fields yet:

Best regards,

Bill

Raffaele Litto June 24, 2021

Hi Bill, I managed to do that, it seems! I will post it as an answer to my question!

Like Bill Sheboy likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events