Jira Time of First Response chart not working

Vruti Thakkar September 9, 2022

Hi,

I've been trying to build a dashboard, but when I try to add the "Time to first response" gadget in my dashboard, but it doesn't show me any data. According to Jira's documentation, it may be because the custom field is hidden. https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Time-to-First-Response/qaq-p/621045 But when I Checked all the three possibilities given by Atlassian, it seemed well.

The points I've checked from my end are 

-> First, check the data.  The gadget only looks for the first comment added by someone other than the reporter.

-> Second, check that the field "Time to first response" exists for your issues.  Check the Admin -> Custom fields -> "time to first response" says it is a "global" field.

-> Third, check then that your project's "field configuration" does not hide the field.  (You do not want it on any screens, it looks like rubbish, but you must not hide it)

I've attached a screenshot for your reference. Can you help me fix this chart? Thank you.
Time to first response.PNG

1 answer

0 votes
Chris Buzon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 11, 2022

This is a Jira Service Management report, it doesn't work for regular Jira projects as far as I know.  I am pretty sure it's used as part of the SLA tracking functionality for Service Desks.

Vruti Thakkar September 16, 2022

@Chris Buzon Thank you very much For the response.

I believe the project I'm adding to the gadget is the service Desk project and it is a part of the SLA Tracking.

JSD Project.PNG

Thanks 
Vruti

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders