Is there a way to automatically be made a watcher for all tickets in a project?

Annie Lockwood August 11, 2022

So I am set up to be notified when changes are made to any tickets that I am watching or am the reporter of. 

I am responsible for a few projects, and want to keep informed on all tickets that pertained to that project. I am usually the one who creates the tickets, so since I am the reporter...i typically get notified. 

However, my QA's will sometimes enter tickets for me. Ultimately, I want to be notified of changes to these tickets as well. Is there any way that I can automatically be added as a watcher for any ticket entered into that project and not just the ones that I create myself? 

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Tansu Akdeniz
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 11, 2022

Hi @Annie Lockwood 

There are different ways.

One of them is to create an automation. Sample;

Ekran Resmi 2022-08-11 17.59.53.png

Another way is to change notification setting. Create a new notification scheme (or edit the existing depending on your need) and assignee your user to related events to get notifications. For ex, add your user to Issue Created event to get all issue creation e-mails for issues created in project. It can be configured from Project Settings -> Notifications.

1 vote
Summer.Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 11, 2022

Hi @Annie Lockwood - there is a previous community answer to this. Make sure you be careful doing this though because it could be quite a few notifications to each member of the team. Take a look here: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Watch-all-issues-in-a-project/qaq-p/1168869 

Annie Lockwood August 11, 2022

Thanks!  I actually played around with the automation and found that i can use a trigger of a new issue created and chose myself to be added as a watcher when that occurs. I think this solves my problem perfectly :) Thanks for the help! 

Summer.Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 11, 2022

Sure thing! 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events