How to incrementally shift task due dates in bulk?

Dave McDaniel June 4, 2014

I am exploring the potential of using Jira to manage an experiment plan in a lab. Basically this would be a scheduling exercise, where each experiment is represented as a task and may get labeled with tags which denote the type of experiment or customer. That much is straightforward, however I need to be able to shift the entire schedule in time if I have to insert some new/unplanned higher priority experiements into the front of the queue. Or I may need to shift existing ones up or down the queue. Can I bulk select tasks and then use a "+x days" command to apply a bulk time shift?

Is this a good fit for Agile and Sprints? I am new to Atlassian in general so I am still working through the different approaches and would appreciate any feedback on this particular project management use case.

Thanks.

1 answer

0 votes
Elisa [Atlassian]
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 12, 2014

Hi Dave,

I am afraid that is not possible. You can try to look over JIRA Misc Workflow Extensions and/or JIRA Suite Utilities.

Cheers!

Suggest an answer