How to do code Migration manually

Vijaylaxmi gombigudda July 7, 2021

So please can anyone help me for doing migration manually..? As I read in Atlassian  community Backuping whole instance then  importing it to  other instance then deleting the data which we don't need... I think it's not good way  so I need proper way and also in jira cloud there is no option for importing xml file if I want to import workflow of one instance to other instance how I want to achieve this thing

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 8, 2021

What are you migrating from and to?

• server to cloud
  • Cloud to cloud

I see that you have listed as being on free cloud if that’s this the intended target then care will need to be taken depending on what you are migrating from as you could lose capability.

Have you investigated any migration documentation if so please share exactly what you have referenced and why that does not work for you.

Vijaylaxmi gombigudda July 8, 2021

i am migrating from cloud to cloud and also I wanted to know about migration between server and cloud  sir. 

I have gone through the link which I pasted here

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/migrate-projects-from-one-jira-cloud-site-to-another-779160766.html#:~:text=If%20you%20are%20migrating%20projects%20to%20a%20new%20cloud%20site,to%20your%20new%20cloud%20site.

And thanks for the reply

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 8, 2021

Here is info from server to cloud - use-jira-site-import-to-migrate-from-server-to-cloud 

For Cloud to cloud migration I definitely would do the back up and restore option referenced in the article you shared. However if you want to manually pull over issues then you could follow a process something like this:

1. create projects in the target instance to receive imported issues. This includes setting up your workflows, fill configurations screens etc.
  2. in the from instance, Export the issues for one project at a time to CSV
  3. import one project at a time using the CSV from #2

Thank you 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events