How to display Linked Assets (JSM) field values in Filter Results gadget used in a dashboard?

Guhan March 8, 2021

A JQL filter displays the Linked Assets field values as expected on the service requests. However, using the same saved filter in Filter Results gadget used in a dashboard is not displaying the Linked Assets filed values. 

Note: Since the dashboard creation is common for both Jira Software (Cloud) and Jira Service Management (Cloud) type projects, I asked the question here. 

Is there a ticket created for this problem with Atlassian ? Is there any better way to display the field in dashboard without buying any expensive add on for reporting?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 8, 2021

Hi Guhan,

I am seeing the Linked Issues values under the Links heading in the Filter Results gadget with no problem. Have you added the Linked Issues field to the actual gadget? 

Guhan March 8, 2021

John, Thanks for the response. I am more concerned about the Linked Assets field by JSM and not the linked Issues field. I am able to see the values in the linked issues field without any issue through the filter results gadget. The issue is with the Linked Asset field owned by JSM. The filter in issues filter shows the values in the Linked Assets, but the gadget is not showing the field as selectable field, however, the values are not showing up in the dashboard. Btw John, the Linked Assets field is populated with the asset keys created in Insights (add on). When the Issue filter can show the values, the same filter is used in the Filter Results gadget and expecting to show the values as shown by the filter.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 8, 2021

Ah, sorry, I read linked issues instead of linked assets. I would go ahead and open a support ticket with Atlassian for that one. 

https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

Please come post back here with the solution so we can close this one out. 

Guhan March 10, 2021

I have created a support ticket and it is been logged by Atlassian as a bug. I got notification to set me as a watcher, but the link failed.I am hoping that Atlassian Support team can continue to work on finding a resolution and let me know.

Like John Funk likes this
Tobias Mucke July 12, 2021

Dear @Guhan

do you have any news about this? I also would like to show Insight Custom fields in gadgets. I can select them to show e.g. in gadget "Filter Results" but the fields are empty. However, in search & filter the Insight objects are shown as expected.

Thanks.

Tobias

Guhan July 12, 2021

Hi @Tobias Mucke : I have not heard anything from Atlassian about my request so far. I think the request is still pending for their review. Thanks.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events