I need to remove a completed sprint from a story/bug. JIRA has always prevented this, but you could bulk edit the sprint field to null and it would clear the completed sprints.
It seems they have recently updated this to prevent bulk edit from clearing completed sprints.
Does anyone have any other workarounds?
Until this bug is fixed, when you need to clear the sprint field from completed tickets:
1. Bulk edit the tickets and assign them all to a future sprint (this strips out all previous sprint assignments connected to these tickets and changes it to the one new future sprint)
2. Bulk edit the tickets to change the workflow to move them back to the backlog
3. Open up the Backlog view
4. Drag the tickets out of the sprint into the backlog (this clears the sprint field)
5. Open up each ticket and place it back into the status you need it to have
Thanks Lisa. To summarise:
* You can't edit an issue to remove an old sprint
* You can't bulk edit an issue to remove an old sprint
* Editting an issue to add a future sprint doesn't remove an old sprint
Bulk editting the sprint to set some existing future sprint does clear the old sprint.
You can then just edit the issue's sprint.
Hello @Nick Pavlichek ,
The behavior you are describing with Bulk operations no longer clearing the sprint field is a Bug we are tracking here:
Make sure to add yourself as a watcher if you would like to receive updates on the bugs status.
Currently removing an issue from a sprint requires reopening the closed spring and moving the issue from the active sprint to the backlog then re-closing the sprint, details on reopening a closed sprint can be seen here:
We are excited to announce the open beta program for self-hosted runners. Bitbucket Pipelines Runners is available to everyone. Please try it and let us know your feedback. If you have any issue...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events