How do you set a notification for changes to a specific field?

Sergey December 10, 2020

Hi! Has anything changed in Jira to make it possible to set notifications for changes of specific fields? Looks an important feature for creation of workflows (e.g. customer support learning about due date changes for customer-reported bugs). The latest info seems to be from 2014. 

Best Regards,

Sergey

2 answers

2 votes
Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 10, 2020

Hi @Sergey 

Welcome to the Community!

I think this is something that could be done with Automation.  I've put a link to a really useful article below, but if you need any further guidance then let me know:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Automation-articles/Jira-Automation-all-the-resources-you-need-in-one-page/ba-p/1388465

Regards, Liam

0 votes
Prince Nyeche
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 10, 2020

Hi @Sergey 

Nothing seems new as you can configure the notification scheme for fields only for "user custom field value" and "group custom field value". so a notification could be sent based on certain events. However, with the Issue updated event enabled, any field that gets updated should trigger a notification. To me it seems like the specific field in question hasn't been updated on the project for a long time. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events