How do I make a custom field available to a gadget?

Holly C. Langley May 27, 2021

I have a custom story points field - number field and I am not able to see it on gadgets.  Is there any way to add a field so it is allowed in the gadget?  I saw some other field types are allowed, but not number.  Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 27, 2021

Hi Holly - which gadget are you using? 

2D filter I found an earlier question which explains why - it's a number field and those aren't available in gadgets apparently....

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/Why-story-point-not-available-for-quot-issue-statistic-two/qaq-p/1572811

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 27, 2021

They are available - just not for every gadget.  Gadgets that do groupings like Two Dimensional, Issue Statistics, etc. will only use fields that have a set list of values like User picker fields or single list picker or multiple list picker, etc. 

Thanks, yes we are devising a work-around using filter results gadget instead of 2D.  Still not optimal, but Jira tends not do functionality that can be done by paying apps. Is what it is.

Like John Funk likes this

Suggest an answer