Why story point not available for "issue statistic / two dimensional filter statistics" gadget

cendre January 7, 2021

Hello

I'm looking for an answer

I want to configure two dimensional filter statistic gadget to get the story point of the my sprint. My filter is correct, but I can't have the "story point" option into the edit of the gadget.

I can't get any of number field

Configuration seems OK (I got story point into my issue, and it's not empty)

Can I fix it ? Or it's like in 2013 and nothing change ? https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/What-field-types-are-Statistical/qaq-p/112026 

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 7, 2021

Hi Cendre,

Yes, it relates to the information in the other post - only "select" type fields can be used. Mainly because they have a set list of values. 

So bottom line is that you cannot use any open ended types of fields, like text fields and number fields. They need to be picker lists. 

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 7, 2021

No, it will not total the numerical values listed - only a total of the number of issues with that value. 

Like vasanth likes this
2 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 7, 2021

No change - numbers are not listed countable items.

In the case of story points, I think it's a bit of a weakness in Jira, as a lot of us would like to impose a scheme (for example fibbonacci-ish, or even full fibonacci for the mathematics purists) and having SP as a list would make a lot of sense.  It would then also work in the gadgets, where it can be useful to see "we have 3 13s, 8 8s, and 132 1s". 

Even to the point where I've done it - created a story point drop-down for entry and then have SPs calculated from it by a script.

0 votes
cendre January 7, 2021

Hum, OK, thanks for your answer

My second question is almost the same : if I create a list with value (1, 2, 3, 5...) can the gadget make the total additionnal of the value

For example,, if I have 2 issues pick with value 2 and one with value 3, it will be 2x2 + 1x3 = 7

Best regards

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 7, 2021

No, because the options in a list are seen as options, not numbers, and the gadget doesn't have the code required to add up the numbers either (it's for displaying counts, not totals)

Like vasanth likes this
0 votes
Sramanth Pandeti
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 7, 2021

Hi @cendre - Unfortunately, the number fields cannot be selected as an option in the gadget. 

The below custom fields are the only types available for this gadget:

Group picker, Multi select, User picker,  Select list, and Version picker.

Suggest an answer