How can i create a Control Chart in Jira Service Desk?

harsh kanukuntla September 4, 2018

Hi,

I want to create a Control Chart for my service desk issues to track the time taken in days from open to resolved/closed for all items that reach that state on that day (this is the lead time for resolution).

I am following the instructions on the link - https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwarecloud/control-chart-777002660.html

But i am not able to see any Control Chart options in the Reports section.

Any suggestions on how i can create the chart?

Thanks in advance.

2 answers

0 votes
Danut M _StonikByte_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 12, 2020

Hi @harsh kanukuntla

You could try our Great Gadgets app for Jira & Confluence.

One of the many dashboard gadgets included is the Control Chart gadget, which is based on a Jira filter and is fully customizable and can be added in Confluence pages 

image.png

Danut

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 4, 2018

@harsh kanukuntla, the control chart if for a software project but you are mentioning JSD? The link is for JSW. I would refer you to this article on reports for JSD.

harsh kanukuntla September 7, 2018

Thanks @Jack Brickey, in JSD, the Time to resolution (Avg.) series is something i want to use as it is close to the idea of lead time for resolution.

But this time is calculated from the moment an issue is created to the moment the issue is closed. I have custom field that stores time.

I want to calculate the same Avg Time but the time needs to be calculated from the moment issue is opened to till the value in the custom field.

How can this be achieved?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 8, 2018

I would suggest looking a an addon that offers custom charts. Here is a link to the Marketplace that provides chart options for Cloud.

sig April 17, 2019

how about something that does not require 3rd party addons?

Like Mark de Bont likes this

Suggest an answer