How can I tell who installed a plugin and when on Jira Cloud?

Rob Horan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 5, 2021

Unfortunately the audit log doesn't include plugin installation.  How can I tell who put in a trial app and when it happened? Is it even possible?

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 5, 2021

Rob,

Go to Settings >  Apps >  Manage Apps >  Audit Log. 

There, you'll be able to see who installed an app.Screen Shot 2021-01-05 at 9.07.10 AM.png

Rob Horan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 6, 2021

Wow, that was easy, thank you!

Erik Beltran April 13, 2022

Thank you Kian. That was really helpful. 
I wish the Cloud edition logs can go back more than 90 days.

Like # people like this
Mark B Wager July 14, 2023

Is there a way to retrieve this via the API?  I tried to view it using the RSS feed link in the Audit Log, but it only displays a portion of the listed items.

Mark

0 votes
Gena Welk February 28, 2023

@Kian Stack Mumo Systems  - Thank you for your reply.  When I look to see who installed the app, it says "Anonymous" - why might that be?

Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 1, 2023

@Gena Welk

I'm not quite sure. Are you on Data Center or Cloud?

Thanks,

Kian

Gena Welk March 1, 2023

cloud

Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 1, 2023

@Gena Welk

If I had to guess, I'd say that these were automatically installed apps. I see entries from "anonymous" in my instance too, but only for preinstalled items such as Automation for Jira, Slack for Jira, ect. These are ones that the admins aren't installing or updating, but is being done automatically in the background.

Thanks,

Kian

Like Vitalii Saienko likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events