How can I automatically link a created confluence page to created jira Issue?

Zubeyir Ozay March 25, 2023

Hi,

I created the following automation and it works... However, I have not been able to link the confluence page to the "link confluence page" function (in the second picture). For now I have only been able to link it in the description and that is not what I want

Screenshot 2023-03-25 124557.png

Screenshot 2023-03-25 124836.png

2 answers

1 vote
Fabrice Huart - NSI
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 21, 2023

Hi @Zubeyir Ozay 

I think that at this time it’s not possible to make the link, you can create the page with the automation, use some variables to have issues attributes in the name of the page , but not able to add issue attributes into the content of the page nor link the page and the issue. 

Same kind of question here 

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Automation-questions/Linking-Confluence-Page-created-by-Jira-Automation/qaq-p/2074609#M4369

Maybe we will need to  check if there is a requested feature for that in backlog 🥸

0 votes
Rudy Holtkamp
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 29, 2023

Hi @Zubeyir Ozay 

You can add a Send web request action to your rule as follows:

image.png

You need to create the var API_token, here you can create one.

And you need to create a var for {{confluenceURL}}

Kind regards,

Rudy

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events