You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.
Level 1: Seed
25 / 150 points
1 badge earned
Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!
What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.
Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!
Join now to unlock these features and more
We just purchased Confluence but it's going to be awhile until we actually have it to use. In the meantime, we have docuwiki which I actually like too but I don't want to add a bunch of stuff to docuwiki that I won't be able to move later.
I found these tools...
but has anyone used them lately, in the past year or so? Is there an easy way to get the information from docuwiki into confluence? I'd appreciate any advice or recommendations.
I'm having some luck, and challenges with use UWC to migrate an old MediaWiki into confluence, so yes, people are still using these tools.
I'm trying to migrate a MediaWiki site over to Confluence and honestly it has been "a blast from the past" (alternately "a stroll through memory lane" or maybe "a buried memory that should have stayed buried"?)
I had to install Confluence 4.3.7 (released in 2013!) because that’s the version last “certified” to work with UWC (wow, how is this still around? https://marketplace.atlassian.com/archive/14575).
[SIDENOTE: Confluence 4.3.7 does NOT like the Brave browser. Login kept failing till I switched to good-old Chrome. Confluence 4.3.7 does also not like the Microsoft Edge browser. I could log in, but then certain drop-down navs failed to work. On that machine, I reverted to good old Internet Explorer, which was probably last updated around the same time!]
[ANOTHER SIDENOTE: It's quite a trip seeing (and vaguely remembering) this old version of Confluence. It's honestly *not that different* from current iterations of both cloud and server. The more things change, the more they stay the same.]
What’s interesting about the conversion that’s currently underway is that “time to convert” each page is getting progressively slower. I’m fearing that everything is stored in memory?
From the kickoff, pages were converting in double-digit milliseconds. Now it’s 4000+ms. Last night it ran for 3 hours before eventually throwing an OutOfMemoryError. By that time, time to convert was 34797ms.
That was running with the default memory size of 256m. On my retry, I've doubled that to 512m, and it's been running for almost 4 hours. Fingers crossed it will complete tonight. Most recent time to convert is 57137ms. Yikes. We're only up to the letter H. (It runs in alphanumeric order - we started with A.)
I followed great guide here:
I guess if I read more carefully I would have seen in this other great guide that I could have tried this against Confluence 6.x:
Well, perhaps I'll try just importing straight to 7.13.0 tomorrow :-}
Reviving this old thread as it seems to be a useful thread to post this to.
For anyone that stumbles into 404 errors / errors in general with wikilumper:
space key is case sensitive
debugging with strace was useful to find this error
wireshark capture was good (non-tls) in grabbing the URI being used against confluence- see if there are issues there
pages must be globally unique (this is not the case for dokuwiki... so renaming pages is a must)
some page syntax causes wikilumper to break... so some edits to pages will be necessary.
Note: testing against an on-prem confluence as the cloud editions api changed and seems to have broken other migration tools