Can't add, edit, or delete statuses for next-gen workflows

Christine B February 12, 2021

I'm an admin for both my org and projects, but seem to have lost the ability to modify workflow statuses for any of our next-gen projects.

We run a mix of classic and next-gen projects in my org and recently decided to make some changes to our company workflows across all scrum teams. Prior to today, I have been able to create and modify all of our workflows without issue. However, when I attempted to do so today, the option was disabled for all of our next-gen projects.

Selecting a status displays the message "This status is shared across multiple workflows", and the option to "Make changes to this status for <issue type> issues only" is not selectable. The ability to delete and add new statuses is also disabled.

Screen Shot 2021-02-12 at 21.39.57.png

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 12, 2021

Hi Christine - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

I didn't even know this was possible! This looks like new functionality that is coming soon, but they are not quite there. In the future you will be able to create a different workflow per issue type, but for now, any change to the single workflow affects all issue types. That's not surprising since you can't separate them anyway.  :-)

I will still able to save it though. But you are saying you made a change and it won't let you save it all?

What happens if you click the link that says to just save it for Sub-tasks only? 

I am also going to tag Atlassian on this so hopefully someone can take a look. 

Christine B February 14, 2021

@John Funk Hi, thanks for your response! 

In the future you will be able to create a different workflow per issue type, but for now, any change to the single workflow affects all issue types. That's not surprising since you can't separate them anyway.  :-)

I will still able to save it though. But you are saying you made a change and it won't let you save it all?

Yes, this is correct. I don't need to configure the workflow per issue type--just for the entire next-gen project but seem to have lost that ability. (I've always accessed the project workflow editor it via the Issue Types settings page for Next Gen projects; is that not the usual place to access it from?)

I am currently unable to make any changes at all to my project-level workflows, let alone save them. 

What happens if you click the link that says to just save it for Sub-tasks only? 

The link is disabled unfortunately!

next_gen_workflow_editor_issue.png

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 15, 2021

See if you can make the change on the board itself - either deleting a column or adding a new column. 

Brandon Mayfield February 15, 2021

I had a similar problem as the original post. The solution of deleting the column off the board worked for me. 

Like John Funk likes this
Christine B February 18, 2021

@John Funk Very odd, but accessing via the Columns board seems to have reenabled the interface! Even editing workflows via the Issue Types page is working again after accessing it via the Columns board. Thanks very much.

Like John Funk likes this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 19, 2021

Glad I could help. If this fixes you up, can you click on the Accept Answer button above to close this one out? 

blim
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 25, 2021

@Christine B sorry about this. We accidentally flipped off the creation of statuses. Glad it it was fixed quickly! Let me know if you have any more feedback

Best,

Bryan Lim

Product Manager

Like Christine B likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events