Automation rules based on status change

Hayley Rodgers December 21, 2021

Hi, 

I have a workflow that uses unique status names to align with the work that my team does, eg "Script" and "Sync" (shown below)

Screen Shot 2021-12-22 at 10.01.34 am.png

I am trying to make an automation rule that creates subtasks once the parent issue moves into a particular status. However, this does not appear to be possible? Only a handful of basic statuses are there?

Screen Shot 2021-12-22 at 10.06.17 am.png

Have I made a mistake, or is this a limitation of automation? If it isn't possible to use my custom statuses, what is the best solution? Creating a custom field that updates when the status changes and then using that as a trigger instead perhaps?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 21, 2021

Hi @Hayley Rodgers 

Is this a project or global/multi-project scoped rule?  Can the selected project see those status values?

Have you also checked the issue transitioned trigger to learn if it can see those status values?

Kind regards,
Bill

Hayley Rodgers December 21, 2021

With your help, I figured it out! This is a project rule and the custom statuses weren't showing up because I hadn't added my workflows to the project's workflow scheme (since I'm still editing them). 

Thanks so much!

Like Bill Sheboy likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events