Automation branch rule not working for linked issue in different project

Sven December 15, 2022

Hi,

I have the following automation when an issue is created. It works when I create the new issue within the same project. But when I change the settings and create the new issue in the "IT Services" Project, both to-do's after the branch will not be executed.

Unbenannt.JPG

The protocol says, that the rule could not find any related issues.

What am I missing?

1 answer

0 votes
Marta Woźniak-Semeniuk
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 15, 2022

Hey @Sven Schmitting 

First possibility coming to mind is that the automation rule is a project-rule not global-rule, can that be a problem?

Sven December 15, 2022

Hi @Marta Woźniak-Semeniuk

yes, it's a project-rule. I've created a new global automation with the same settings.

The automation is now linking the issues but I see no option to copy the JSM form within the global automation as this action is missing.

Marta Woźniak-Semeniuk
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 15, 2022

If I understand correctly - You have 2 projects for which you would like this to work, 1 is "IT Services" and 2nd "Something else".

If you want it to work for both projects and the rule was created in one project only you can go to the automation page from the project

From the left side project panel > project settings> automation

Click on the ... in the automation line and choose copy. 

In the copy - change name and change project to "IT services". Save and enable

Now the automation should be triggered for "IT services" project too.

Sven December 15, 2022

Hi @Marta Woźniak-Semeniuk 

Your suggestion regarding global automation works so far.

However, in the global automation I have no option to choose an action for forms, see attachment.

I want to get the JSM form to be copied into the newly created issue. But I only have this option with a project automation.

Left: available actions for project automation. Right: actions for global automation. "Formulare"/Forms are missing.

Actions.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events