Auto assign based on issue type in Cloud

Mark Oren April 9, 2019

In JIRA cloud, is it possible to assign automatically Bugs, Support and Task to me and Improvements to another user using native functionality or is a plugin needed?

5 answers

1 vote
Dave Bosman [Realdolmen]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 9, 2019

Hi @Mark Oren 

I don't know if it is good idea to assign it automatically, because what will happen if someone is sick/on vacation? I prefer working with dashboards to accommodate such things. 

But if you really want to do it, you can add a postfunction (Update issue field) in your workflow for bugs, support, and task that assigns the issue to you.

In the workflow for Improvements you can add the same postfunction but add another user. 

Regards

Dave

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 16, 2019

Hi @Mark Oren  - Did you get the answer you were looking for here? 

0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 9, 2019

Hello,

You can create two workflows: one for Bugs, Support and Tasks and one for Improvements. Then ad the Update Issue Field post function for each workflow and set the Assignee field to the correct assignee

0 votes
Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 9, 2019

Hello @Mark Oren 

It's very much possible using the classic project in Jira cloud to auto-assign issues.

You can do that using components in the Classic project settings. I don't think it's currently possible if you are using next-gen project.

I answered a similar question here

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/How-to-set-default-assignee-for-Project-in-new-UI-for-JIRA-Cloud/qaq-p/1052958

0 votes
Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 9, 2019

Hi @Mark Oren

Which type of project do you use? Classic or next-gen project?

Suggest an answer