Adding Issue Type Avatar images

Deleted user February 12, 2021

Hi folks - so I'm running out of Issue Type Avatars to use in my Jira Software Cloud instance.  My questions are:

• How can I add more
  • What are the parameters for such (small) images - are they SVG?

Thanks in advance.

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 12, 2021

Hi Adrian - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

You can upload whatever avatars/images, etc. that you want. I don't remember the file size limitations, but I would say just upload it and try it out.

I usually just do an internet search for icons for something close to what the issue type would be related to. For instance, we use a coffee cup for our Blog issue type, and a pizza icon for Software Engineering  ;-)

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 12, 2021

image will be resized to 16x16. here is an older post on this - Jira-Cloud-custom-icons-for-issuetype-how-to-get-good-quality . The key to good icons is simple icons w/o too much detail.

Like # people like this

That sounds very encouraging - however I'm not clear how / where I do the upload ...

Actually - ignore that last message - it's quite obvious in fact ! 

Will give it a go now :-)

Like John Funk likes this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 12, 2021

Thanks for the details, @Jack Brickey !!

Rafal Sojka February 16, 2022

Hi All,

Thank your for this thread.  And how about on-premise JIRA instances, are we import the same avatars into them ? Would you be so nice to share some great links with sample and free avatars for that ?

Thank you in advance.

Rafal

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events