Add gadget for external data

Shahar Shilian January 5, 2021

Hey,

I want to add a gadget for external data (from API request).

I thought about writing an XML file, but didn't found how to upload it to the Jira Dashboard.

I would like to hear if this is possible and how.
Of course, I'm open for another suggestions to achieve this goal.

Thanks!

2 answers

0 votes
Gorka Puente _Appfire_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 13, 2021

Hi @Shahar Shilian 

What external data do you need to request? Because if it's an ad hoc service/endpoint or similar, you may need to develop your own gadget (i.e., a dashboard item) and you could start having a look to this project. Or find a solution partner to create one for you, there are several really good around.

If the data is from a product, we are vendors of Ronin Dashboards for Jira. With our app you can bring data into your dashboards gadgets from other Jira instances (Jira Software and Service Management), Confluence, Insight, Opsgenie, Statuspage, Bitbucket (+Pipelines)... and we are creating integrations for other products (ServiceNow, GitHub...).

Best regards,

0 votes
Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 9, 2021

@Shahar Shilian  

If I recall it right, one of my users had a similar request we couldn't(using REST API)

We had to test couple plugins but still what we were looking for wasn't achieved.

If I come across any idea or we find a solution I will let you know.

Best,

Fadoua

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events