Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cannot reinstall servicedesk

Carlo Comincini August 27, 2019

ugraded jira to 8.3.2 but servicedesk cannot be upgraded.

Tried fresh install and data restore from xml backup no way.

Tried reinstall via "System->Applications"  but at the end of the installation jira says "an error occurred .. check the log" but nothing is written in the logs.

Tried installation via obr upload via "Manage Apps" admin interface. At the end of the installation Jira says Servicedesk installed but in the System-> Applications page there is written that servicedesk is licensed but not installed.

None of servicedesk functions is operative.

Tried also this:  https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Desk-questions/An-unexpected-error-occurred-Refer-to-the-logs-for-more/qaq-p/840745

An unexpected error occurred. Refer to the logs for more information.We had JSD installed as Trial for a couple of days. Since the trial expired and we could not create any new Issues anymore, i removed the JSD Plugin. I removed all Schemes, Screen, Permissions etc

...community.atlassian.com . But no way to make servicedesk installed.

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 28, 2019

Hi Carlo,

Sorry to hear about this problem, I understand you are upgrading Jira, but Service Desk does not appear to have been upgraded here.  

What version of Jira did you upgrade from before this 8.3.2 version?

I'd be interested to see if we can take a closer look at the $JIRAHOME/log/atlassian-jira.log file.  Specifically from the the time of the latest startup (you can find this by searching for the string 'Jira starting').   I suspect that if Service Desk failed to start up, that this log will tell us more about why that might be.

It might also help if you can run the following SQL query and let us know the results.

select * from pluginstate;

In some cases I have seen a required plugin to Service Desk can get disabled in the database, and when this happens it could cause this kind of startup failure for that specific plugin here.

Regards,

Andy

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events